Monday, March 1, 2010

slowly but surely

Saturday night we went to the Stake Ball. It was pretty fun. Josh played in quite a few songs and it was fun to hear him (click) and other people play live music; and to scream at the guitarist like some crazy groupie (sp?). We danced a couple of songs, and I have come to terms with something. Finally.

I am a girl.

Surprised? This has been dawning on me for quite some time. My MIL bought me a pink cardigan 4 or 5 Christmas' ago. Until then I hadn't worn pink since I was 7. Now I have quite a few pink shirts. I have also recently invested in a girls' wallet. OK, a year ago. But I was tired of the looks I always got when I would pull out my black leather wallet and hand over my visa. No one ever believed it was mine. Recently I bought boots. And they are so fun!!!!

Now after dancing with Josh I am ready to move on to something even more dramatic.

Heels.

Yes, I'm ready to give myself an extra inch or two. Why on earth wouldn't I with a husband who is 6'5"???

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

yay for heels! Start with something fun like the pink and black leopard prints that I saw at Spring :)

Becky said...

6'5"... hm, must be kinda nice! when I wear heels, I look like the jolly green giant. But I do it anyways! It's not MY fault he's 5'6"!

Anonymous said...

Weeble Wobble, Weeble Wobble...
You have to have some degree of coordination to wear heels. And then you have to dress up more, too. And spend time on your hair and slather on some make-up.
-g

L. P. said...

Good luck with the heels. I have thought about heels but I'm scared that I would fall flat on my face with the first step I'd take.

Ashley Dawn said...

Having a really tall husband has been lost on you... Way to go! Just don't sprain your ankle and go back...