Monday, February 22, 2010

adventures in parenting

So it has been almost two weeks since we have all been up and at 'em. It started with Levi and a cold. Then he and Enoch both had fevers. Then they were fine for a day or two. Then the fevers came back. Levi's went away right away. Enoch's persisted until I took him to the Docs and was told he might have pneumonia. (?!?!) Meanwhile Monet picked up the bug and has had a fever for quite a few days. The upside is that she is SO cuddly. It's nice, cause she is getting real big and won't be cuddly for much longer.

The down side is I have been feeling not so hot. Today all I wanted was a nap.... Monet asleep. Check. Levi asleep. Check. (He will always fall asleep if you cuddle him a bit, its miraculous.). Enoch asleep.... nope. Instead he is locked in the bathroom and neither of us can figure out a way to get him out!!! We've gotten the door handle on and off a couple of times, and still, no luck. Maybe I'll go pass him some books under the door. That'll keep him busy for a while, at least.

6 comments:

missLaura said...

I'm sorry Sach. You should have passed him off when you had the chance. ;)

ps- call in sick!

Vanessa said...

Wow! Rough time for you. I hope you guys feel better soon.

Josh said...

And of course, after 3 hours of being stuck, I came home and got him out in 2 seconds.

stone's eye view said...

OK. Ok. Just cause you knew there was a special "key." Don't go giving yourself a medal over that one. How many people have ever needed a special poker to open a regular indoor lock?
Maybe could could have told me when you installed the new handles?????

Karen said...

Sachie you are funny. your blog makes me laugh. that sucks i hate when you are so tired all you want to do is have a nap.

Ashley Dawn said...

I'm sad to hear that you've all been so sick. Hopefully this is old news by now!