Wednesday, March 10, 2010

from the mouth of babes

Are you one of those people who always seem to be able to shove their foot in their mouth? Do you say things that you wish you could take back??

I remember roughly 10 years (before my twenties, I was a baby!) ago telling someone about how much I looked forward to getting married. I recall specifically saying that I didn't want to marry anyone who was finished their education; that I wanted to help my husband and support him through school. I wanted to feel as though I had sweated and sacrificed for it just like him.

HA! Little did I know that it would be 8 years of school. (And I certainly forgot to place kids into that equation). Whenever I have felt like complaining it has helped to think back and know that this is exactly what I wanted. And now that we are just about done; it really hasn't been that bad.

I wouldn't trade the last 4 years in Saskatoon for anything. They have been great.

3 comments:

ec said...

has it really been four years? i'm not ready for you to leave. joy school won't be the same without a stone!

Maja said...

haha. Be careful what you wish for, hey?!? As I am also married to another professional student, I can also say - can't wait for him to be done! Except the difference between you and me is 6 more years!

Ashley Dawn said...

yeah - it's amazing what a reality check can do for you. Can't say that I've LOVED being with Jarett through school, but if ever got divorced, apparently it gives me a big advantage! (I learned that by putting him through school too!) I really think that the sacrifice brings your marriage much closer and that has been worth it all...