GO Canada!!! (Click the link to the left.)
I love this country.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
She drew in a deep breath. "Well, I'm back."
It was so fabulous to be gone. Houston was warm and humid and sunny. And it was some awesome bonding time for my girlfriends and me, as well as for Monet and me. But it is great to be home. I missed the boys of my life.
Details and pictures to follow.
Can you name the book quoted at the top???
Friday, April 10, 2009
On conference Sunday Josh suddenly decided it was time to start potty training Enoch. I am leaving for 8 days this week, so I have been waiting till after I get back to start, because I was assuming that Josh would never want to play such an active role in potty training. I guess I was wrong! And Enoch is doing pretty good. That Sunday he must of used the potty at least 5 times. Monday to Wednesday I was alone all day with the kids including the new baby who eats and eats and so thus the diapers came back on. But yesterday Josh was around more and we had a successful afternoon. We will see what today brings. No accidents. YET. So far the best bribe to use had been that once Enoch goes pee on the potty, he gets to wear his green dinosaur jammies.
The debate with Levi and kindergarten is on going. I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to stay home another year. When I asked him why he said " Cause I love you all too much." I thought that was cute. I change my mind weekly on this matter. Levi is really picking up his letters and likes to ask how just about everything is spelled. He loves to play on the computer, which is good and bad. Good cause he plays so happily and I can get so much done, including having a nap when the younger two are sleeping. Good because some of the games require math skills and we are working on learning to add and subtract. (He counts with his fingers, of course, and pushes them against his forehead as he counts--so cute). Bad cause he would play all day if I let him. I can just see him being a game-addict when he is older. Thankfully he is also taking a new love and liking to basketball and soccer.
Monet is gaining weight at a steady pace. She has changed so much already; I just want to press pause. She is a really sweet baby. She smiles lots in her sleep and just today she gave me her first Stone-baby-half-smile while she was awake. We just got her passport back so that she and I can go spend some time together in Texas this week while Josh stays home with the boys. Beware of passports and newborns, it is one BIG headache!! I had to go back to Superstore 4 times before they finally got a photo that the passport office would accept. The demands they put on a newborn photo are ridiculous!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I was tagged awhile ago.....
1. What are your middle names? Luke and Sara Elise.
2. How long have you been together? We will be married for 7 years in May. Its now been long enough that I have to do the math everytime. Wow.
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? We went to the same elementary school for a few years, only we never knew it.... same high school, and we were somewhat aware of each other then. Thanks to basketball we were allowed to talk to one another despite our other differences. We actually hung out for a couple months before we got serious after school and the mission.
4. Who asked who out? I would like to think that it was a mutual thing, but I sort of had to get him off his: "No more dating till Rexburg" goal. Ha! We were married before he ever got there.
5. How old are each of you? I am 28 and Josh is one year my senior.
6. Whose siblings do you see the most? We see certain ones of Josh's tons (it helps when you live in the same house). When we visit Calgary we probably see mine more cause they have kids the same ages as ours.
7. Do you have any children together? Two boys and a baby girl.
8. What about pets? Nope. Honey cured us of that. No pets till the kids are all bigger.
9. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Do you really want me to get into this?? Maybe never having any money. But I shouldn't say that, cause we always have what we need.
10. Did you go to the same school? Elementary for a few years, and all of high school.
11. Are you from the same town? Same city, same stake.
12. Who is the smartest? I think we would both say ourselves. Isn't that awful? We are each smart in our own way on the opposite sides of the spectrum. If only we could combine our talents!
13. Who is the most sensitive? We would probably each say the other. I am when I am pregnant, but thats not really fair to use as a final judgement.
14. Where do you eat out most as a couple? At home.
15. Where is the farthest you have traveled as a couple? We went to Korea for our honeymoon. That's pretty far.
16. Who has the craziest exes? I would have to say Josh.
17. Who has the worst temper? Brownie points for us both here. We are both pretty mild tempered.
18. Who does the cooking? Me.
19. Who is more social? Me.
20. Who is the neat freak? Not me.
21. Who is more stubborn? Me.
22. Who hogs the bed? We upgraded to a King early in our marriage, it is no longer an issue. Although Josh definitely hogs the covers.
23. Who wakes up earlier? If there is an early class, Josh. But I always get up earlier otherwise.
24. Where was your first date? Banff.
25. Who has the bigger family? Both our families are pretty big. At first I'd say Josh; he has more siblings. But If you get into in-laws and nieces/nephews, than my family gets real big.
26. Do you get flowers often? Not really. But chocolate bars happen more frequently.
27. How do you spend the holidays? We go to Calgary and see family. Sometimes we camp in the summer.
28. Who is more jealous? Hmmmmmm.
29. How long did it take to get serious? Few weeks.
30. Who eats more? Josh. He'll eat 1000 calories as a snack.
31. Who does the laundry? Its probably close to 50/50.
32. Who is better with the computer? Josh all the way.
33. Who drives when you are together? Josh. I think he is scared of my driving.