Saturday, April 5, 2008

my other half


I love my husband. He is a wonderful person and friend and companion. We have lots of fun together. He does have one big fault, however, and that is that he can not dance. For real. I learned this early on in our relationship, and have since given up on the hopes of Josh one day taking a dance class and falling in love. It just ain't gonna happen. It is not his fault, though. He has a serious condition of where his head is literally to far from his feet, and his neurons just can't fire quick enough to make the movement look good. He knows this. I know this. And now even Levi knows this. The other day as father and son were doing a fun little jig to some music while just playing around, Levi forcefully informed Josh that he was doing it wrong and showed him a better way to do it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Josh has only one big fault. (tongue wedged in cheek so as not to bite it too hard)...
So what if he can't dance very well. Quite frankly, it is not your strong point either, but you enjoy it. With Josh's sense of rhythm and appreciation of (his brand of) music, I still think a dance class would be of benefit and enjoyable for both of you. Go for it! Then when you're both old and gimped, you won't regret that you never gave it a whirl! And Levi will see that you don't have to be naturally gifted at a talent to learn a talent. (P.S. Just remember Jarett ... can he really dance? No. But everybody, including him, enjoys it!) Josh, get out there and boogie!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

I'm not sure I appreciate your Mom's comment..... I think Jarett is a phenominal dancer... Anyway, it's so funny what kids will say eh? If that's the worst they dish out, Josh can't complain too much though. haha.

Andy said...

ha ha that's funny. I'll join you in the "wives with husbands who cannot dance" club!

The Coopers said...

Haha.. thats cute! Sounds like even though he cant dance he pretty great overall...