Sunday, April 13, 2008

a day to remember

We had lovely day yesterday. After lunch Levi and I went for a walk together, just the two of us while Enoch was napping. He rode his bike (tricycle) and we went at his pace. He had the time of his life, he has never really ridden his bike for more than a few feet at a time before. He got quite good at it; once he started pointing his handlebars in the right direction. Then we came home and played with Enoch in the "back-ard."
We were going out to a picnic for dinner, but before we went Levi had some some cereal at the table and I went over to the computer to check something. Of course, as one often does while in front of the internet, I got carried away and left him for a while. I called out to him to see if he was OK, and no response. That's funny, I thought so I called out his name again, and still no answer. I got up to check on him, and there he is, dead asleep, curled up on his metal chair in the shape of an egg. Head resting on his hands. I guess enjoying the nice weather all day yesterday really tired him out. Thank-you sunshine!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky he didn't drown in his cereal bowl! I have the feeling your family will be living in the back-ard all summer!

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest story. i miss you guys so-o much. this story made my heart ache for Levi. i love you guys!
Pam

Ashley Dawn said...

my kids have been knocked out pretty good too. Thank heaven for the summer weather eh? Too bad we're getting snow again this weekend....grrrr.

Andy said...

so cute... I hope you got a picture!

ec said...

love it.

yes, i hope you got a picture!

Anonymous said...

I look OLD!!!!!!!!!