Wednesday, April 23, 2008

is it just me...

Or does everyone have to clean their house before a babysitter comes over?
We are having a sitter tonight, and I have just spent the better part of the morning cleaning the house. That doesn't include that I still need to clean the bathroom, do laundry so that the kids have "nice" jammies to wear, and clean their room so no one sees what sort of pigsty they normally sleep in. I have already given up on the office, there is just no time to worry about that, hopefully this girl is not an internet lover. ..
I used to think that I would never care about things like that, but come on, who wants to see old yogurt on a high chair tray? It's a good thing hockey is over (for us), and hopefully things won't be so out of hand next time

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It is not just you! ;) I go crazy cleaning my house before a sitter comes over, even my fridge sometimes! And then stock it with treats other than princess fruit snacks. It's stressful for me to have a baby sitter... not that I'm leaving the kids, that I'm thrilled about. Just stressed about them thinking our house is gross. I am so with you on that one!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should get out of bed before 10...
Gucky high chair tray?? Surprise me, please!!!
Hmmm... maybe that's the reason your dad and I never went out. Too much effort to dig out the place.
I can also vividly remember inviting people over for supper, then spending the whold day cleaning and realizing at the last minute that I had neglected to cook.
I am reading 2 books by the Clean Sweep guru guy: "It's All Too Much" and "Does this Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat?" Now I am tossing out Dad's stuff left and right!!!

Jackie S. said...

HAHA!!! It's totally not just you...hehe.. want to hear something funny one of my old nanny boss use to do?!? She would clean before the cleaning lady came...hehe...her house wasn't even messy but she didn't want the cleaning lady to know how they "really" lived...hehe...

Andy said...

I have to admit that I am over the cleaning before a babysitter comes.... I've learned that if I dont do it... they will! -and if they don't, the house is a pigsty when I get home anyways so why bother....

stone's eye view said...

good for you andy, I wish i had your strength.... or maybe your house just isn't as bad