Wednesday, November 21, 2007

snot stickers

My kids came up with an incredible (yet totally disgusting) invention today; a new game I like to call Snot Stickers.

We were having what you would call an awful morning. Enoch has been sick all week, with a runny nose and mild fever, and was not happy at all when he woke up. To make matters worse, Levi was not in the mood for potty training, which only elevated the stress and unhappiness in the air. I have to admit I also played the part of grumpy mummy this morning due to a very sore throat and chest.

As I made myself some hot chocolate to soothe the throat, I handed Levi a container full of Cheerios. Within minutes they were all over the floor. At this point both kids were still grumpy, but then Levi came up with the idea to try to eat the Cheerios off the floor sans hands. And one stuck to his mouth! So Enoch followed suit, only with much more success. His runny nose had run all over his face by this time, making himself a walking, talking, and thankfully, laughing, Cheerios magnet. It was like bobbing for apples, only they came up with breakfast cereal stuck to their faces every time. I tried to get a video of their diving and laughing, but it just doesn't do the game justice. I am grateful such an simple thing could turn our day around.

5 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

How fun! Too bad I wasn't a fly on the wall today to see it!

Anonymous said...

Sigh... simple minds, simple pleasures. Actually, I think they are resourceful, making a fun game out of nothing. Why don't you tell all your blogger friends how resourceful you used to be?!(i.e., stipping wallpaper when you were supposed to be napping)

Anonymous said...

deliciously disgusting... mmmmmm... too bad we didn't live closer- Kaid would have probably loved that!

ec said...

totally impressed.

my girls would be horrified.

baha. kidding.

again. your mom rules.

The Coopers said...

Too funny.. boys eh?