Sunday, November 25, 2007

nothin' better

Than BUTTER.

I love butter. Sometimes l wake up in the morning and feel like eating butter, so I'll make pancakes. My family thinks it is because I love them and want to give them a good, warm, hearty breakfast in the morning. No; it is because I want to eat syrup and butter, and feel butter's creamy smooth texture melt on my tongue. The same goes for oatmeal, only this time butter's sidekick is brown sugar.

I made some very delicious zucchini bread the other day. Well, I think it is really zucchini cake, but since I ate it with butter like you would a dinner roll, we'll call it bread. MMMMmmmm. So good. I ate the whole thing in a matter of minutes. And I didn't care, and still don't care that my children and husband went without. Butter goes so well on popcorn, and french bread, and with garlic, and steamed veggies, it makes good pasta sauces, icing, cookies... excuse me, I've got to go visit my refridgerator.

5 comments:

Jackie S. said...

I am SOOOO with you, I LOVE butter as well. Margarine just doesn't cut it, butter is sooo much better. I think I need to go and make some cookies made with butter....mmmmm!!!

Anonymous said...

the best is butter on day old cinnamon buns. I thought it was gross at first but try it and you'll be saving your fresh, warm buns so you can eat them the next day a little dry & crusty with butter.
It is addicting, you just keep using more until you are like my grandpa and have a slab of butter almost as thick as your bread.

Anonymous said...

I think you like butter because it looks like your hair. And I don't mean the grease.

Anonymous said...

yum real butter

ec said...

is that your mom again? ba ha.

so alivia told me this morning as i was buttering her biscuit (literally) that she didn't want to much because it is bad for our brains.

so take it easy sach.

kidding.