Sunday, August 22, 2010

things to remember lest I forget

Living in an empty house really helped us to move and not look back remorsefully. Of course I miss the people in Saskatoon and our ward, but having nothing to do all day every day sure helped ease the ripping up of the root action while we transplanted to a new home.
Uncle Kyle did manage to save the day by bringing by old school toys of his that his mom had saved. Levi and Enoch enjoyed setting up GI Joes and taking pictures. I have a million on my camera.


I thought I got a picture of our meal area, but now that I looked for it I couldn't find it. We had two coolers next to an old end table for the boys, Monet in a borrowed high chair, and Josh and I stood to eat. every. meal. for. 2. weeks. Well, almost - we had nice friend invites for lunch or dinner sometimes. If they only knew the novelty we enjoyed of sitting down to eat......

We had fun at the Magrath parade. I cant believe the small town candy you get at these things!




Going to Writing On Stone provincial park was lots of fun. It was nice to go out with girls from my new ward and get to know them a but better- well, as good as you can with 28 kids running around. My favorite is that Enoch insisted on wearing his gumboots. Nothing could convince him otherwise.


4 comments:

the Woods said...

oh sachie, I can't believe you guys were standing to eat! I wish I would have known you didn't have furniture. I would have had you over as much as you could have handled us. Love the pics, and enoch has a wicked bday cake.

Marilee said...

Glad you are getting settled in. Next year you can come to the Cardston parade with the rest of the family.....always a fun day!

missLaura said...

I can relate to the gum boots. haha.

Wish you could have stayed at my place for those 2 weeks.

Ashley Dawn said...

So much fun to upgrade to furniture and stuff... oh, the luxury!