Thursday, August 26, 2010

back and gone again

After spending a fun week in Montana, the kids and I headed to Calgary to spend some time - seeing as we haven't really been there at all since Christmas. Monday we went to Calaway Park, something they have never done before. It was most definitely a big hit. Tuesday we went to the zoo. That was fun, too, but we stayed too long and should have left before few kids no longer had legs to stand on. And leaving the zoo at 5pm to take Deerfoot south???? What on earth was I thinking? Tuesday night was a cousin's birthday party. Yesterday I got to leave the kids ALL DAY and go hiking in Kananaskis. It was so fun to go and do a real hike and enjoy the outdoors and lack of diapers.

Today? I am recuperating. Hopefully I can learn to make crabapple jelly tonight.

2 comments:

missLaura said...

Calaway Park and the zoo? You spent a small fortune! And a real hike sans kiddos? I am jealous and happy for you!

Ashley Dawn said...

What a fun week!! It's fun reading this so much later and thinking back. Lots of fun. You need to do this again!