Friday, August 20, 2010

stonelings are back

We just spent a fun week in Montana. My parents rented a cabin on Flathead lake, and we got to spend the week swimming, shopping, playing, snorkeling, sea-dooing, and everything but sleeping. (Note to self - a king size bed can never be replaced by anything smaller and still grant the same amount of sleep).

Enoch celebrated his 4th birthday while we were there. In the morning he informed me that now that he was four, he would no longer whine. He kept it up for a few hours at least - but since turning four he has decided that he actually does know how to do up his own seat belt. We could never ever get him to do that before, although we had our suspicions.

Meanwhile at home we have discovered that we have some chokecherry trees that are nice and ripe. Oh, and so are the crabapples and the sour cherries. I am headed to Calgary tomorrow but plan to bring a lot of fruit, so unless you want to pit cherries, you might want to avoid me if you live there.

3 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

Get a cherry stoner. It is one of the most amazing inventions ever.

I am jealous of all the fruit you have and I am sad I am not there to can with you.

missLaura said...

happy birthday Enoch. Sounds like you live in paradise.

Ashley Dawn said...

What a great week that was!! Can't wait until next year!