Sunday, August 29, 2010

new calling

Josh and I got new callings today. We are pretty excited. The ward here is starting to feel familiar as the faces start to be replaced with names and such.

Josh is the High Priest group secretary. We sort of laugh a bit at that. I didn't even know they had one of those.... then again there are 36 HP in the ward, so that is quite a few people to keep track of.

I am 2nd councilor in YWs. It'll be really fun. There are 30 YW or so, so maybe my job will be easier than Josh's. Next week our ward is having a joint meeting with 2 other wards in the area, so maybe my calling will be gone before I know it????

PS. I can see my home teacher's house from my front window. And my visiting teacher's if I look the other way. HA!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats on your new calling! We got the same one today! Except that I have 6 girls :) So glad it is feeling like home!

The Lawlor's said...

Good for you guys!

Did I mention I am teaching seminary? I am kind of jealous you are in YW.

I miss seeing you every week. But I am glad we are both progressing in life.

Marilee said...

You are now officially part of the ward with callings. It does feel good to belong that way. The girls will love you and you will love them.

And yes, I can see those kinds of people out my window too. I love it.

Ashley Dawn said...

So funny - things change way too quickly, don't they?