Wednesday, March 5, 2008

did i sign up for the right class?

I have always heard how parents, and particularly mothers, have to be a little bit of everything. Nurse, coach, cook, laundress, taxi, doctor, psychic (what on earth is going on in that little head?), maid, accountant, secretary, personal assistant, shopper, sumo wrestler....

Sumo wrestler!? I had no idea that I was signing up for that. Today, after Levi spent a good 30 minutes trying to go "potty" that included at least 10 flushes and half of a roll of clean toilet paper, I decided it was time to quit "trying" and go to bed.

He did not like the idea.

Just picture me sitting on his chest, with my knees covering his arms, and my two arms struggling to get his diaper and jammies on through an assault of kicks and body contortions. I need to go sign up for a wrestling class, cause if this kid gets much bigger, I will start losing these battles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuckle Chortle Chortle.
Sounds like his Auntie Erin. Just be thankful you're not trying to pin those diapers on while he's squirming!
Perhaps you haven't yet found the right incentive for him.
P.S. Are you going to wear a Sumo thong?

ec said...

good description...i can totally see it!

i'll go to a wrestling class with you. maybe then i could get darren to make the bed he gets out of last in the morning!

The Coopers said...

Thats funny...

Anonymous said...

haha i love it, and oh so true, they are feisty little things

Ashley Dawn said...

hahaha, I totally had to do that with Kaia once because she would run away when she said she'd try some Oatmeal. So I actually pinned her down to put some oatmeal in her mouth. It was then followed by her spraying it all over me - I don't recommend the wrestling for that.....

Anonymous said...

so funny i remember that phase were Jayden wasn't wanting to put the diapers on at night even though he wasn't fully potty trained. Jaydens huge motivator was a promise of a new train set once he filled his 'sticker chart' with successfull attempts!
Good Luck.