Friday, January 21, 2011

who's your hero???

For Christmas Josh got the boys some books called Who's Your Hero? They are illustrated stories from the Book of Mormon talking about a certain quality a hero possesses. (ie. Nephi didn't complain). Then, the book goes into explaining and giving examples of how YOU can be like that same person. They are really great books and I would recommend them to everyone.

Along the same superhero theme....
The boys have taken to inventing superheroes. I am always surprised and even impressed with the names they come up with. They made up Hothead, a head-on-fire kind of guy with real capabilities. Their newest heroes are Boyhit and Fate.
Enoch is Boyhit, a hero who could hurt the whole world but of course doesn't because he is a good guy.
Levi is Fate, who just so happens to be the strongest sword fighter in all the world.

2 comments:

L. P. said...

I love those books. My kids have me read to them almost every night and we had them for a couple years. I also love the made up super heroes, how cute.

Maja said...

Where did you get those??!?!? They sound AWESOME and defintely something we need around here. Especially if there is one about no whining. And it starred a girl. Or a princess. But seriously. I need something like that.