Thursday, January 20, 2011

goal update

How are your new years resolutions??

I thought I would check in to make myself more accountable, and hopefully, more successful.

As far as FHE and scripture reading etc goes, we are doing pretty good. I end up having to do it solo lots because of good ol' basketball season, but hey, at least it is getting done! I think we have missed scriptures twice in 3 weeks. Not bad.

I broke my yelling streak the third morning back at school. Levi totally called me on it and was very disappointed in me. He was mad that I broke my goal. I have been good since. Maybe they are listening more????? I just don't get why some days I have to ask ten times for them to get their coat and boots on. How hard is it, really? I am sure (hope) that my kids aren't the only ones with this problem.

Levi has practiced piano pretty much whenever I ask him. I can't believe it. He is enjoying it a lot.

We have a skating rink shoveled and ready to be flooded in our backyard. Not ice yet, though. Good ol' basketball season strikes again.

I have stayed away from pop and chips. I never mentioned before that I was only gonna eat one treat a day on top of no pop and chips. Well, that certainly hasn't happened and I don't plan on it. Baby steps.



Of other news I had my ultrasound today. We are having a girl!!!

Just kidding. I didn't find out. But baby is doing well and is 9 inches from head to bum. My ultrasound also moved the date back a week, which is no surprise.

I also got glasses today. Purple plastic with sparkles on the inside. (I didn't know about the sparkles till today when I picked them up.) The world seems so..... clear all of a sudden. I decided to finally get glasses after going back to work last week and realizing that I really could no longer properly see 8 inches from my nose. Hopefully I will see better tonight.

8 comments:

missLaura said...

good job on all the goals. It isn't easy being a single mom while pregnant. Purple glasses with sparkles? I need proof! I totally believed you when you said it was a girl. Monet is so cute, she needs a replicate.

Vanessa said...

I love the sound of your glasses! Your babe will be adorable not matter what it is, but another girl would be great for Monet :) Good job on being accountable for your goals. I'm more of a "make-goals-in-secret" kind of girl, so that when they don't work out (as they usually don't), then I don't feel as guilty

L. P. said...

Sounds like the goals are going good, and don't worry I have to tell my kids atleast 10 times if not more to do things before they finally do it.

ec said...

another girl! aren't you guys organized ... 2 boys, then 2 girls. what a great little family you have.

Anonymous said...

Brat!

ec said...

brat! indeed. how did i miss the last part last time? note to self: scroll down!

Marilee said...

Ah yes, basketball season. I love it. Did Josh tell you that he reffed ( i know, it's probably not a word) Neal's game last week? Sparkles huh?

the Woods said...

I need to work on the "not yelling" thing as well. By the 10th time you have to ask something important, how do you not yell? Write a post on that next time so I have some advice.

Baby's coming fast!