Monday, January 31, 2011

bigger and bigger

The kids are really growing up. Here are some of the signs;

Monet can now open doors, she is sleeping in a real bed, and she can take off her clothes and diaper and put on new clothes. It is the funniest thing to check on her at night and see what concoction she has come up with. Usually she is diaperless with a pair of dirty pants (something she finds in the hamper) on instead of jammies.

Enoch is starting to pick up reading. He can't really form the words himself yet, but if he hears a word and there are 3 or 4 to pick from, he can often get the word it is. He is also my first child to sleep through the night without needing pull-ups (known as night-time underwear at our house).

Levi is so big, and this next one makes me sad. He doesn't sleep with his blankie anymore. If its there, sure, he'll cuddle with it, but in reality he no longer cares. He can sleep just as well without it as he does with it. We also have a problem at school. Well, I have a problem at school. I give this little girl a ride home every once in a while when its super cold out. This girl has a crush on Levi and is always proposing to him in the car. Yes, he's 6, but I want to tell this little girl to go home and never talk to my boy again. Is that taking it too far??????

Little baby in my tummy is growing, too. I can feel kicks galore. They are at the cute stage where the kicks don't hurt but just let me know that baby is doing well.

That turns us to me. Yikes. I am definitely getting bigger, but we don't need to talk about that.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

amazing how fast things change, eh? Love the little girl thing. Rob is way older than Levi, but he has an eight year old that follows him every where at church and loves him. It makes me crazy, because he is oblivious to girls and I want it to stay that way! (though I'm sure and 8 yo isn't going to change that!).

The Pratts said...

Whoa, I can't believe all the things Monet can do already! As for the little girl who loves Levi, tell her to BEAT IT! Haha.

ec said...

i want a picture of your bigness. i'll never forget about the whole ground beef thing when you were pregnant with monet. do you remember? and now she's sleeping in a big girl bed?

i love the story about levi's girlfriend ... er, girl that's a friend. i won't tell alivia, she might get jealous.

and enoch will always be 3 & tiny in my head.

Maja said...

This post made me miss my badminton buddy. A lot.

missLaura said...

you're still not as big as I am :)

L. P. said...

Holy cow they sound like they are all getting big especially Monet. I love the story about Levi too. I am dreading the time I run into that, hopefully not for a while but I am not counting on it. Good luck