Monday, February 16, 2009

last minute

When we first bought our house we originally planned to completely renovate the kitchen, but the odds of coming up with some good cash for that are nil to none. Since the baby is due in less than 4 weeks, we thought it was definitely time to start painting the kitchen. I regretted the decision half an hour into the emptying out the cupboards process. Now it is almost 11 and we are maybe half done, not including the backsplash mess that we have also created in the undertaking. Here are some before pics (these were taken over 2 years ago when we first moved here). Now you can wait in anticipation for the final outcome. Hopefully I will post it before I have baby pictures to showoff!!


I wish you could see how really, really ugly the backsplash is, and how dreadful the handles on the doors are. Just be glad you can't see inside the cupboards - what a mess the paint is!! (or was.....)

7 comments:

the Woods said...

ahh! I can't believe you are brave enough to attempt this pregnant, and so close to when baby comes! Good luck with everything. Tomorrow call me and I'll watch your boys for you, so it can go a but faster for you.

the Woods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you are sooo brave!

Ashley Dawn said...

I bet it will be SO nice to have that all done with. Good luck with finishing it up!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..... and the lovely flooring?

Anonymous said...

No, we don't have the money to redo floors or cabinets. Nice Barq's product shots!

Anonymous said...

And the after pics???