Friday, January 25, 2008

quackers

My family has bugged me for a long time about the crackers I buy for the kids. They are the Blue Menu crackers from Superstore, featuring whole grains, low fat, and less sodium. I don't mind them. I admit they make other crackers taste like a piece of Cheesecake, but they are healthy (comparably) and a quick and easy snack. My kids have always eaten them without a complaint.

It wasn't until Tuesday when I had the Joy School kids over, that I was beaten over the head with how bad these crackers really are. I tried to feed them to everyone for snack, and a sweet little girl asked me, "Why do these taste like dog food?"

8 comments:

Jolanda said...

I think I bought those for my kids when I was at home. I figure, if my kids don't know any better,than keep giving them the healthy stuff, then they will develop a taste for healthy!

You are more than welcome to add us to your blog list, I think I will add yours to my list too, if that is alright.

Anonymous said...

Like always, that is the funniest Sachie.

Andy said...

hilarious, thanks for the laugh

Ashley Dawn said...

Haha. I guess we know why Enoch is so skinny....you're feeding him dog food. Oh man, that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!
I love that little girl!
Hmmm... how does she know what dog food tastes like? Has she tried any of your casseroles?

Marvelous Marvel said...

My mom thinks those crackers tastes like cardboard.

The Coopers said...

OKay.. kids say the Darnest Things... too funny!

the Woods said...

i love this story! makes me laugh