Wednesday, January 16, 2008

one thousand, one hundred, forty-six

That is how many days I have been a parent without having a child up-chuck. (Other than baby spit up, which doesn't count, and when we tried to force feed Levi medicine-which is different cause that was our fault and the mess was contained.) To any of you who have had to deal with this already, my hat goes off to you!!

Last night my dear sweet Levi came crawling into bed with me. He does this occasionally, no big deal. Then just as I was dozing back to sleep cuddling the little guy, I hear a big intake of air. Oh no. Not now. Our clean streak is about to break!: I can't believe how much food the human stomach can house. It is impressive, especially for a 3 year old.

An hour later, with me on the couch, Levi on the love seat, Dad in bed (no sheets-they are in the wash), and a tub full of laundry to do, we are all back to trying to catch some ZZZZZZZs.

7 comments:

Marvelous Marvel said...

Levi!

Ashley Dawn said...

hahahahahahaha!!! I just dealt with that 40,000 times last week. I swear, you go to Granni's and suddenly - everything goes crazy!! Good luck with it. Hope your week goes better than mine did.

Anonymous said...

hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahhhahahahhahahahha etc!
By the way, your dad always cleaned up the vomit. If I tried, then there was always more than when I started. (too much info, right?)
P.S. Maybe if you learned to cook, the poor little guy wouldn't have to upchuck it...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Sach, that is awful!

ec said...

you are one lucky mom...i can't believe it's been that long.

when liv and halle had their go a couple weeks ago, as i was cleaning up in the middle of the night, scrubbing, laundry, etc...the only thing that kept rolling through my head was i'm a real mom now

welcome to the club.

Andy said...

I have two points of advice for you :1)childrens gravol suppositories (i love these...my kids, not so much) and 2)towels, everywhere, on beds, furniture, carpets... they are much easier to clean than carpets and easier than stripping beds at 3 in the morning.
good luck, and like Erin said... welcome to the club!

The Coopers said...

Yuck! oh i dont look forward to that at all.....your a trooper!