Tuesday, January 8, 2008

bedtime bedlam

Our bedtime rituals have entered a new saga. If you don't recall the events of when we first roomed our boys together, let me just say that it was a definite act of mutiny against the parents.
Now, they have lashed out again in an effort to stay awake as long as possible. Heffalumpy (Enoch) has been able to turn on the light switch for weeks now, but we have been able to curb that action by moving his crib away from the wall. But older brother happily pushes the crib back and forth until either may gain easy access to the light. So, we have now started to tape the light switch shut, with two pieces of masking tape expertly applied in a x so as to inhibit all movement of the switch. I thought this was working well for a few days, until I realized that it was not Josh who removed the tape in the morning, but the kids somehow during the night. As a last resort we have had to unscrew the light bulbs. Finally, they are going to sleep.

5 comments:

ec said...

sachie...that is hilarious.

and you are brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Oh the things I have to look forward too. So glad you are doing it first. I am much better at copying than I am coming up with my own solutions. Levi and Enoch are too smart.

The Coopers said...

thats pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of them 2 lil varmits!
But just think of their disappointment as they gleefully stipped off the tape and playfully switched on/off and nothing happened. So sad.

Ashley Dawn said...

hehehe, so proud of my little nephews!! Okay, so just so you know, I'm actually going to start updating the blog. So reminders will be helpful......it was fun to see each other over Christmas.