Wednesday, October 31, 2007

emergency meltdown

Normally I am a sane person. Normally.
But when it comes to minor injuries and blood and my children, I lose control and all rational thought. I can't help it.
This morning, due to my neglect, Enoch accidentally hurt himself in the mouth. Big screams and cries. Not a big deal, I can calm
him and pat his back and make him feel better.

ENTER: blood from mouth and nose

Now I am in hysterics. I am yelling at Josh to get up. I feel faint. I can't walk to the door. I sit on the ground and hold Enoch while I panic and make Enoch panic all the more.

ENTER: wonderful husband, calm and quiet, kindly explaining that I am making it worse for Enoch because I am scaring him

Ok. Scaring my child is the last thing I want. I calm down. I find the car keys. Whew, at least they are easy to find. Health card,
another easy one (thank goodness). We go to the ER and everything is fine. No stitches, vitals normal, bleeding slowing down,
instructions given on care and red flag signs to watch out for. Bo-benic is fine. I lie down on the hospital bed with a cold cloth on my head, but at least it isn't the floor this time. I can think clearly. Rational thought begins to flow again and I can function
without aid. I can reflect on how happy I am to know my kids are tougher than I am in these situations and that I am the only
lunatic in the family.

7 comments:

jessk said...

You are not a lunatic! That is just a normal response to one of your own bleeding. I think that you will be just fine.
Just a question though: Is it all blood that bothers you, or just you children's?

ec said...

yikes.

maybe it's a girl thing but i haven't had to take them to the er yet...for bloody reasons anyway;)

the answer to your q: it's an html tag. i'll have to show you how on thursday or something. kinda hard to explain.

Anonymous said...

Sachie... I am so glad he is okay. I am also so glad you were a mom before me... i am so scared for the first time this happens... thank goodness for calm daddies!
mZ

The Lawlor's said...

Glad things are fine. You are tougher then you think, I'm sure.

Jackie S. said...

Normally, I LOVE TRAUMA!!! I am usually the calm one when crazy stuff happens, but when it comes to Nathan getting hurt it is soooo hard staying calm.

I am glad that the little guy is okay, and that mommy made it through another of, I am sure many accidents to come. Oh the joys of having little boys hey?!?!

Anonymous said...

Sachie, I laughed- hard. I love imagining you laying on a hospital bed. It is hard for me to even picture the tough Sachie like that. I am sorry Enoch got hurt but I love that you are such a wimp. I will probably be the same which is why I can laugh.

The Coopers said...

Sachie.. your are so cute.. great story.. glad to see he was just fine