Monday, October 29, 2007

temple trip

We got to go to the temple on Saturday with a bunch of people from our ward here in Saskatoon. It was such a blessing in some ways, and one of the most tiring experiences of my life in other ways. It was so incredible to be able to attend with Josh and take a break from the world and feel the peace and quiet that you can only get at the temple. It was great to attend with friends and family and feel a bond grow with them. It was inspiring to reflect and learn and think about my Saviour.

Then we got on the bus ride home. It took hours. HOURS. And our kids were crazy. CRAZY. All they wanted to do was run around and do anything but sleep like they normally do in the afternoon. 3 hours of kids in a vehicle without seatbelts is torture. Makes me wonder why on earth anybody would ever have preferred the "good ol' days" when kids could roll around the car without restraint. I imagine parents trying to drive with their children's faces eclipsing the windshield and arms/legs grabbing at the steering wheel and gear shift. Whew. Am I ever grateful for modern day conveniences.

A temple trip is always a good thing. But I think next time I will re-evaluate our choice in mode of transportation. I am only now recovering from this trip. Bus rides are not for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sachie,
I was sad to miss all of the "fun" on the temple trip. You needed the reviving from the temple to get you thru that bus ride it sounds like.
I am sorry you then had to be given a hard time about babysitting later that night. I appreciated your effort in organizing that even if I wasn't able to use it.