Friday, October 26, 2007

true love


I absolutely love this tree. It is incredible. In the spring it boasts delicate, clustered white flowers that look like snow resting on its green boughs. In the summer it becomes covered with red berries (for birds, not kids I remind Levi) that contrast the green foliage. In the fall its leaves stay green the longest on our block, and then burns bright orange, red and yellow, so that our yard looks like it is on fire as you approach it from down the street. In the winter it is barren, but then it allows the most sunlight possible to hit our cold house to help keep us warm. Like I said, I love this tree.
It is too bad that it is framed by an awful peachy-pink coloured house that turns my Monet into graffiti.

2 comments:

ec said...

i love this tree too.

it's how i find your house.

it really is a beauty.

jessk said...

Better to be barely peach, then nasty faded mauvey-gray. But it really is a nice tree.