Sunday, March 27, 2011

two!




The Monette turned two last week. Or was it the week before last??? How times flies!
A few things I want to remember about her from the last year....

We began potty training. Way before we ever attempted it with the boys. And with pretty good success, on her part, at least. I think she would be better off if I wasn't slow and pregnant and tired. Before our last trip to Calgary she was going maybe 5 times a day, as long as I reminded her. What I want to remember about this is how proud she is when she is done, insisting that I clap for her, and doing a dance and spinning around afterwards. So cute. I also figured out what her best bribe is: youtube. Candy? Works a little. Praise and stickers? Not so much. But the privledge of watching a Pluto or Snow White clip??? You betcha.

In January we switched Monet into a big girl bed. We had to dismantle the boys bunk bed because they kept moving the rungs on the top bunk to make a slide (ya --- a little unsafe!!), so we needed somewhere to put it and Monet's room was the best, if not closest choice. That change of course prompted some nighttime undertakings on Monet's part. We would always find her undressed, sometimes undiapered in her room. That evolved to undressed and redressed with whatever is lying around, only now inside out. She didn't love sleeping by herself and would usually fall asleep at the door, making it necessary to wake her up so we could actually get in there and move her back to bed once we were going to bed. It was a little exciting, opening the door at 11pm not knowing what she'd be wearing or what she'd be cuddling.... she's pretty good now and stopped taking off her jammies once we stopped putting them back on her.

Monet is a helper. She loves to put the soap in the dishwasher. She loves to put things "away," and even do little errands for the boys. She gladly puts her own diaper in the garbage. She loves to read and color with her brothers. She LOVES babies and is so interested in them and has a hard time believing me when a "baby" is as old as she is. I hope her interest and love for babies lasts through this next big change in the family. Monet, like the rest of our kids, loves her Daddy and is always wanting to cuddle with him. She loves to be tickled and loves the piggy game with her toes. She actually lets me do her hair and doesn't put up a huge fight like I always thought she would. Love pig tails. Love her.


Can't believe she is two! Time has flown.

3 comments:

L. P. said...

Wow I can't believe she is already two. It seems like just yesterday you were here in Saskatoon having her. Time really does go flying by.

missLaura said...

She is so cute! I love the last picture of the pig tails. You dress her so cute!

Chantel said...

I am so jealous....I wish Jenna would let me do her hair. It is hard to believe that she is two. It seems like yesterday we were both anxiously awaiting the arrival of our babies.