Sunday, March 13, 2011

iheartbasketball

And I love when basketball is over!!!

Whew! That was a long 5 months. Josh has been way busier now than he ever was when he was in school.
I certainly have made a mental note that if I ever run into any of my old coaches, I need to be a little more grateful and thank them for their time (15 years ago....). What is it about being a teen and thinking the world revolves around you? This is no comment on the boys he coaches, but on what my views were at that age.

But on the plus side of things, his season went well. The team wasn't expected to do all that great, but they ended up placing 2nd in zones and 4th in provincials. Not bad for a first season coaching, eh?

Watching a lot of BB this year has certainly brought back a lot of fond memories. I was really close with the girls I played with. I loved the nervousness before a game, and the all out competitive spirit I had. Some of my teams did well and others not so well (0-10 one year!), but there were a lot of life's lessons learned.

I am rambling now. Glad BB season is over, but even more glad Josh coaches BBall and not football!!! At least it is something I love that he has to consume so much of his time with.

PS. I will never be pregnant again during bball season.

4 comments:

Sue-Zee said...

LOL--Way to go Josh! How are you doing anyway? I tip my hat to you--being pregnant, with three kids, and a dedicated BBall coach...wowza--you deserve a medal :)

Anonymous said...

re: your P.S.
Famous last words...
-g

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
missLaura said...

I was hoping to hear more about our basketball days. Our pre-games prayers and other pre-game habits. We had fun.

so much fun!