Tuesday, February 2, 2010

febEWary

Traditionally I have thought Feb to be the worst month of the year. No longer is the snow a novelty, no longer can you ignore the fact that it is -20 outside, no longer can you overlook that you are still months away from summer.

December is OK because it is warmed by Christmas. The month just flies by. All of January seems to be a month to recuperate after Christmas and New Year's. I always start off February trying to remember that it is the shortest month of the year. Yet somehow as soon as reading week is done the month. never. ends. Every March I vow that I will be going away for reading week next year. But once again February has rolled around and I am still here.

Here's hoping for a mild February and an early Spring. Happy Groundhog Day everybody.

5 comments:

missLaura said...

I agree, February stinks.

Vanessa said...

I would agree usually, but this winter has been a weird one. January was ok most of the month, so it doesn't seem yet that winter is dragging. Cold weather is gone, and it is kind of nice out. Positive thoughts, right????

Anonymous said...

thats why they have reading week, its actually called "suicide week" so students dont commit suicide

Ashley Dawn said...

February is a very special month full of love and happiness!! jks. I hate it - I think that's why we need to focus on our loved ones... we'd go crazy otherwise!

Ashley Dawn said...

February is a very special month full of love and happiness!! jks. I hate it - I think that's why we need to focus on our loved ones... we'd go crazy otherwise!