Monday, February 8, 2010

could it be multiple choice, please?

Lately I have felt as though I am being drilled for answers. Levi is certainly starting to pay attention to what is going on around him. Everything he observes is being processed, and at a higher level than I operate.

Here are some questions he has asked Josh and I this week:
(And as you read it will be obvious, but Levi has been very curious about Satan this past week for no apparent reason)
How does Satan talk to us?
Why does he like to lie?
Does Satan have a body?
Is Spiderman real or is he a 'character'?
Are the dinosaurs 'characters'?
Do adults ever lie?
Why do some people not go to church?
Is Jesus your big brother, too?

Along with these questions, Levi is constantly claiming his own agency. 2 weeks ago in primary they must have had a lesson on it. He came home all proud that we all get to choose for ourselves. I thought this was great and tied it in with the 2nd and 3rd Articles of Faith. BUT, now, when its bed time - he tells me I am taking away his choice. When he only gets a certain snack offered- I am taking away his choice. When he tells me he doesn't want to wear pull ups to bed and I insist he does - I am told I am not being fair and am taking away his right to choose. Overall I think this is pretty cute, and am glad that he is only pulling out the "choice card" at bed time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serves you right.
-g

Ashley Dawn said...

Tell him that he has the choice. He can eat the snack or not. He can obey his mom or not. He just might not really enjoy the consequences...