Wednesday, November 18, 2009

new view

Lately I have been having a hard time liking my job. Dishes (again). Laundry (didn't I just get caught up?). Picking up toys and more toys and more toys (and stepping on the ones I miss). Dusting (OK - I never dust). Sweeping (I have to all the time or someone eats leftovers, maybe I should just get a dog). I am not sure why I have been down about it. Maybe cause Josh is gone so much this semester? Maybe cause I don't go to the gym in the day time anymore? Perhaps because the sun is gone most of the day?

Then the other night I read a friend's post. It helped me to remember what a great and important job I have to do.

All this week (so far ;) ), I have been better able to find joy in the everyday. I am remembering that while what I do may not be that exciting most of the time, that is far different than for whom I do it and why I do it. Those whos and whys are so big and important and fulfilling and special I am wondering how on earth I let the what eclipse them.

I guess my problem wasn't the weather or school or anything but my own. Thanks for the attitude check, Friend!

5 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Hmmmm, and I just was about to go fold a couple loads of laundry....I think I'll put on a movie and put my kids to bed and REALLY enjoy laundry time...

L. P. said...

It's nice to know that I am not the only one who doesn't dust. I know how you feel. There are a few times I have had to look at myself and make a commitment to change my attitude and it makes me enjoy what I do way more.

Anonymous said...

Do you want a halo, or a chest to pin it on?
-g

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ec said...

laundry kills me. more often than not, the fam gets their daily outfits from the laundry basket. at least it gets folded, right?