Sunday, November 1, 2009

gym time

While here in Saskatoon we have qualified for a sweet deal. We get passes to the local swimming pools/gyms here. These passes not only get us in, they include CHILDCARE. Childcare has probably been one of the biggest motivators (at first) to get me to exercise and lose this baby weight. Unfortunately I have been avoiding using those services with the flu etc. going around, and have been exercising at night instead.

Enter creepy guy who keeps asking for my address.

Let me flash back to my earlier years. I was never the girl who had boys chasing after her. And if one ever did chase me, he was usually, lets say, weird. I had this habit of forming several "platonic," as I understood it, guy friends. These guys were the ones that most girls overlooked or ignored, and feeling sorry for them, I would go out of my way to make them feel welcome. On more than one occasion I can recall having them hang around me, and a real boyfriend, and them having no clue that they were not in the game. (i.e. one Valentine's day I couldn't go out with my boyfriend cause this guy had already invited me out, and I said yes, thinking he would totally know we were just friends. WRONG. AWKARD. I will spare you the details.) Anyways, I am trying to make a point here. I am trying to say that sometimes I am too nice. Is that possible? Yes.

This guy at the gym, (who is at least 50, by the way), comes up to me after a run and comments on my running and how he would love to run with me so that it won't be so boring. I smile and nod and after refusing to give him my phone number or cell number I relent and give him my address. Just kidding. Email address. So, he emails, and gives me this sob story of how he is from a 3rd world country and does not know how to use a treadmill. I feel sorry for him and say I will show him how (only afterwards does Josh point out that there are workers at the gym to do just that). So the next time I am there, I show him how. Then he asks me again for my address. I tell him no and make sure to leave for the parking lot at the same time as other people and check my rearviews constantly to make sure I am not being followed. I could handle all this and even thought that maybe his social oddities are due to being from a different culture. Then he invited me out to lunch via email. I have now done what I should have in the beginning and junked his mail.

Now my evenings are ruined. What was so fun and free of children and good for my heart is now a time to play hide and never be found with this guy. I don't go running cause I don't want to run into him. Creepy guy, please go find a running buddy who is your age and is not scared of you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r definitely blond... very, very blond.
But your heart is good.
-g
P.S. I want to hear the Valentine story.

missLaura said...

you are too nice Sachie. It's too bad some people are too weird.

Vanessa said...

So sad your time is ruined by creepy people. Maybe only use treadmills next to other people? Or lose the niceness?

Ashley Dawn said...

haha.... you sound like Kim. A cute blond with no idea that you're leading people on. Shouldn't the wedding ring help? Maybe Josh could start coming periodically and someone could watch the kids. That'd clear the guy out pretty fast...

The Lawlor's said...

oh no.

I have an eliptical at my house you can use. And Mike is not a scary guy.

ec said...

you are too nice and hot. that's probably part of the problem.

i'll run at night with you when i get my free pass. would love to, since i can't drag my lazy butt out of bed in the mornings these days.

talk to you soon ...

The Coopers said...

HAHAHAH.. i was laughing the whole time, ya totally creepy

great story!

too bad you have to run and hide now, akward..