Wednesday, November 5, 2008

just braggin'

Levi is normally one who likes to say he can't do things. If I say, "Put on your coat," he will try to tell that he can't. Then I say, "Yes you can, you've done it before." After which he will usually put on his coat or do whatever it was that I asked him.

This is not the case when it comes to picking up his toys. He never knows how, never remembers*, and never does it unless I am there doing it with him.

But tonight was different. I had 30 minutes before people were coming over for a Relief Society meeting, and after rushing in the door as I was trying to get the kids a quick snack before bed ---Enoch decided to barf all over the kitchen floor. I gave him a bucket, which he refused numerous times, only spreading the disaster elsewhere. Finally I got him in the tub and started cleaning up the disgusting mess everywhere, and asked Levi to pick up his train set. AND HE DID!! And then he picked up all his cars, and all his books, and even all the odds and ends toys and put them away, too!!! I was so grateful for and proud of him. Thank you Levi for helping me when I was stressed.


*I recall as a kid always telling my dad that I couldn't remember how to mop the kitchen floor. Whenever it was my turn to do that chore, I would ask him to show me again. And he did. (What a nice guy, hey?) I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

That sounds so much like your Dad. I wonder if that would work with Jarett?!? probably not. I'm glad that Levi pulled through for you. What a nightmare day. Glad that is over for you. Hope that Enoch feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just leave the barf on the floor and pick up the toys? I'm sure the R.S. sisters would have been impressed. Think how good they would have felt about their own lives! BTW, what on Earth are you feeding those poor kids to make them so sick?

stone's eye view said...

believe me, anonymous, I would love to know,