Saturday, October 18, 2008

literal levi

Recently as my mom was visiting she mentioned something that I always knew, but had never realized. Levi is a very literal child. He corrects me on things all the time. This makes me laugh, cause I think that growing up I was the same way.

I asked him if he wanted to sit in Enoch's chair. "No mom, that is a booster seat, not a chair" was his reply.

The other day I asked him to sit on his seat at the table. The Elders were over, which means he gets to sit on the piano bench. he was very disturbed that I would call the piano bench a seat. "No mom, this is a bench."

We call his nighttime training pants his 'nighttime undies', and he does not accept a slip-up when I say diaper.

If I ask him to do something, like get his socks and shoes, for example, he has to do it in that order, no exceptions. If I try to speed things up and get his shoes for him, he will make me put them back and he will get them.

Today I asked him to pass the toy monkey to his cousin, Madelynne. He informatively reminded me that the toy was a gorilla, and not a monkey.

I can't recall similar stories from when I was as young as Levi, but I do recall in high school driving friends crazy with my literal logic. And now I think my husband suffers the same as well. Some things never change.

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Awww, that's so funny. That's totally Kaia's personality too... but now I know who to blame for that one.

Anonymous said...

What can I say? He don't fall too far from the tree!