Tuesday, October 7, 2008

enoch the beast


I love my son. He is sweet and oh so kissable and smart and silly and loves to dance crazy and he likes to say "I la lou". He is cute and friendly and smells good. He loves to bathe and help with dishes and likes to sing the clean up song while he actually helps to pick up toys.

Unfortunately, he is also two. He is at the unavoidable age of tantrums and screaming, crying and whining, foot stomping, rule protesting, food throwing, drink spilling, toy grabbing and bedtime prolonging. If you have a two year-old, you are likely nodding you head because you know exactly what I am talking about. I am just so thankful that kids go through this stage when they are still light enough to be picked up in a hurry and cute enough to still be so lovable.

I worry about when my kids will be teenagers and go through this whole stage again, only without smelling good or looking as cute.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's why very few parents of teenagers have more kids. They now realize what those lil cuties grow up to become!

Jolanda said...

Oh, I SO know what you are talking about. I just put two screaming until they were almost throwing up kids into bed...major tantrum! At least I still get a break during nap times.

The Coopers said...

I feel you!! Sometime i want to scream, but yet your right they are soo cute its hard...

Ashley Dawn said...

Maybe YOUR two year old is light enough to pick up and carry....haha. I was totally nodding my head too. I don't look forward to the teenage years though. I'm totally with you there.

Sarah said...

Ha ha! So, so true and I am so not looking forward to the teenage tantrums... especially with two girls! I don't know if I can handle all of these emotional meltdowns.... Cute post, Sachie.

missLaura said...

Amen Sachie. It is a phase though right? He wont always be awful?

Jen - the mom said...

well said, very well said!!!! the cuteness makes anything bearable!