Monday, May 12, 2008

miracles

I witnessed many miracles these last few days while away.

First, I gave injections, and lots of them. And I didn't kill anyone, I didn't pass out, I didn't turn green, or cry, and I even stopped shaking after awhile.

Second, I survived getting a LOT of injections. 28, I think. And my jaw still works and I can taste and everything.

Next, Josh survived. The weekend was a little long for him, but the family managed very well. I think the highlight of the "boys" weekend was Sacrament Meeting. Enoch and Levi each managed to scatter their individual snacks everywhere, as though they were feeding a large flock of hungry pigeons in the chapel.

And last, (definitely not least), I survived Winnipeg roads. Have you ever driven there? WOW. (Watch Out for Winnipeg.) The roads are absolutely crazy! I'm taking 3 lanes of traffic over bridges with NO LINES. And I thought 25th Street bridge was scary. There are roads that change names without ever telling you. And street signs so tiny that you never know where your turn is until it is way too late. And parking! The streets are all so narrow that you can only park on one side of the street. Even in residential. Not a huge deal until you make a wrong turn, and you keep turning and turning and STILL can't find a place where you can actually pull over to look at a map. Roads change from two lanes to five lanes and back down to three lanes in the blink of an eye. And they are all off the grid, so they don't intersect at right angles. Yes, it is a miracle that I am alive and that my rental car did not get a scratch.

Despite the horrible roads, Winnipeg is a real nice city. People are very friendly and there are amazing churches and buildings to look at. Thanks to Mike and Diane for letting me stay with them!

3 comments:

ec said...

you're home!

wahoo!

i lived in winnipeg right after high school and loved it. someday we'll have to go camping in manitoba together. best beaches ever. well, in canada anyways;)

oh, and i laughed out loud at your comment about twilight. i am so in. and yes, kyle can come too.

Ashley Dawn said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you had your weekend away. I'm sure it was great. Josh deserves some sort of a reward for this summer. Congrats on all of your successes....

missLaura said...

Glad you are back!