Saturday, May 17, 2008

long weekend

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!

We have been planting and painting and rearranging things around here. Levi and Enoch have switched with the office, and they are now in a nice new boy-blue room, complete with matching beds. The office (I LOVE that show) is a new brown. I am pretty happy with the colors. I will post pics when we get our new camera, because I old one is busted.

Having the boys in beds has really made nighttime difficult. It seems they are so excited and energized once they go to bed, that no one ever falls asleep until there is an injury of some sort or another to dampen their spirits. Hopefully for our sake, and theirs, this new habit will not become the norm.

The boys helped me plant a garden this morning. Note to self: NEVER AGAIN. I got all mixed up with all the interference and I ended up planting peas instead of green beans, and then I goofed again and planted yellow beans instead of green beans. We'll see how things turn out, maybe next year I will get a sitter.

3 comments:

Marilee said...

It seems like our weekend is alot like yours. Working. We did yard work at both houses yesterday and today we are painting/sealing all of the windows at our house before the stucco goes on hopefully this week. The one great thing though is the weather. You could not ask for more perfect weather. On Monday we will be doing the same and maybe even planting grandpa's (too big for me) garden.

I bet you let your boys help with the garden next year because 1 year makes a huge difference.

I remember when we had both boys in big boy beds. So cute and grown up. I hope your nights are better though.

Anonymous said...

Just them to a tree and wear earplugs. ... saves on babysitting.

ec said...

i'm excited to see your 'new' house.

we need to do something soon. i think alivia is suffering from joy school friends withdraw.