Friday, August 10, 2007

patience

No, this is not a blog with an ode to Gun's 'n Roses, in case any of you were getting excited (after all, Appetite did turn 20 this year), this is dedicated to my children and the fact that some days I have patience, and other days I don't.
Today for instance, my 2 year old was in and out of sorts all day. He didn't like the size of cup he had his juice in this morning, he didn't like that we had to leave the scrapbook store when we did, he didn't like that I made dinner without holding him in my arms, nor that I his fork was the wrong size. He didn't like that I put his shoes on him before he could (he can't do this feat, but he thinks he can), he hated going to bed for a nap this afternooon, and he didn't like my saying the dinner prayer without his arms folded. (We ended up blessing the food twice, and the second time he blubbered every phrase after me through sobs). This is how it was all day, but today was a good day. And I just found it funny.
Wednesday, however, was not so good. He drove me crazy. I wanted to scream along with him. I wanted to go hide and never be found. I wanted to slam doors and stomp up and down. He gets to do this, so why not me??
I am embarrased to say that I have recently found a new weapon against toddler tantrums. NOTHING. I say and do nothing. I remain quiet. Levi hates this and begs me to speak and calms down. It is amazing, actually. My only problem is that I can only control myself into speechless oblivion when I have patience growing out my ears. And as it stands I am in the need of some major fertilizer.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sashi,

When you find some fertilizer, let me know. I need a truck load!

Andy said...

great post sachie, who knew during those precious, gone too_fast, first days with your newborn son that he would one day have a fit about the size of his fork! It's a good thing we are clueless when we begin!ha ha!

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.