Saturday, July 14, 2007

spring cleaning in july

Today was a wonderful day. I have been home alone with the kids all week, and this morning I woke up NEEDING a break. Pam and Kyle were kind enough to take the kids swimming for an entire 2 hours. It is astounding what one can accomplish in such a short amount of time when she is used to having two kidlets running around. I learned some things while cleaning my garage:
1) spiders can look like mice in your peripheral vision
2) I still have my volleyball kneepads from junior high
3) mice can poop in many odd places
4) lowering heavy objects is much easier than lifting them back into place
5) my garage door opener is still nowhere to be found, despite this thorough clean
6) cleaning is fun, but not as fun as a hot fudge sundae from McDs after sweating for 1.5hours, especially if enjoyed while watching The Office.
Thanks Kammy and Kyle!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so lucky to have such great family so close. Wish I could have been there to help you clean out your garage.
MZ

Anonymous said...

Keep those knee pads, you never know when you'll need them. Besides you've held onto them this long- they're almost antique.