Monday, January 14, 2013

middle syndrome

Enoch is such a delight when he wants to be. I can also say the opposite is true.

After having a very difficult day last Friday, he and I ended the day together by making no-bake cookies, playing Sorry, and watching Anne of Green Gables together. It was so cute to see him hide under the covers because Diana Barry was about to drink alcohol! He was shocked enough to almost make me question my choice in movies.

Some things about Enoch that I want to remember lately are:
- He made 3 New Year's resolutions in school, they are to 1) be a better basketball player, 2) skate more, and 3) to eat more food. And he has really been following up on that last one there, he has been a much better eater around the house all of a sudden.
- Recently Enoch was kid of the week in school. This is what we all learned about his favorites:
Food- Mandoo
Subject- Science
Color- Purple
Book- Chapter Books
TV show- Garfield
Movie- Avengers
Animal- Cheetah
Sport- Basketball
Game- Starwars
Treat- Rockets
-We also learned that Enoch wants to grow up and be a science teacher. What a great choice!
- At church last week, Enoch quietly asked Daddy for some of the candy in his pockets. Josh replied, "How did you know that I have candy in my pockets?" Enoch answered, "Well, NOW I know that you have candy in your pockets."
- At the dinner table the other night, Enoch was sitting by Thad and was not being the best example of proper table etiquette. I told him kindly that he needed to be an example to his little brother if he wanted to sit by him. His instant retort was, "OK, Mom, I'll be an example. A bad example."

Enoch really is awesome, and if I am really honest, probably a little too smart for his or my own good. I hope I can match wits with him when he is a teenager.



1 comment:

missLaura said...

haha! the child is smarter than his mom. I'm only laughing because I know how it feels