Monday, June 18, 2012

right now

Last week of school looms before us. Call me crazy, but I said yes to Levi when he asked to have a year-end school party. There are 26 kids in his class. Sounds a little daunting but I have awesome YW that are coming to help, and what good is a big backyard if we never use it, right??

Thad refuses to go down the stairs. He is great at climbing up, but when he wants down, he just sits at the top of the stairs and screams and waits for me to come and get him. Yesterday at church he crawled up the stairs to the stage and clambered back down like he'd been doing it his whole life. This past week he has started taking steps, the most being 5 in a row to Daddy the other day.

Father's Day was yesterday. It was pretty low key- Josh had to speak in another ward and was gone most of the morning, but the kids all tried their best to be super good just for Dad. So in a sense we both got a break.

A week ago I was busy in the garden weeding and it was bedtime for Monet. Levi offered to put her to bed for me. He did an amazing job, reading her a story and making sure she said her prayers. Enoch did it last night, even remembering to make sure she brushed her teeth. He read her 3 stories. I love that they are enjoying taking care of their younger sister.

I am training for a half marathon. Never thought I would, but here I am. Ran 12k on Saturday and not feeling too bad. It is much more fun running with other women outside instead of on my treadmill by myself. The other highlight for me would be women's soccer. We play every Thursday night. We are terrible but it is so fun!


1 comment:

missLaura said...

I love that the boys put Monet to bed, that's awesome.
And good luck with the training, listen for me inside your head- go Sachie go!!