Monday, April 4, 2011

april

So this winter was cold. And snowy. I have to admit that as I experienced my first AB winter in 5 years, I thought quietly to myself that the winters here are a little colder than I remember, and just as windy. At the same time, though, I was thinking that things were pretty good and glad the -30 never lasted more than a week or two. I also observed that snow that falls in a certain month usually melts in that same month. Whenever I was feeling sorry for my cold self, I would check the weather network and just be glad that I wasn't still where I was last year. (No offense to any who live there, it is just way colder there!!).

But now I have learned that this winter was an extra cold one for these parts. That is music to my ears. For the last four years February and March have crawled along at such a slow pace that it was hardly even possible to believe. But now, here it is, April, with snow patches here and there on the ground, and I can almost see flowers. The kids play outside regularly. I am so excited for spring, I just hope that when it comes it stays with a vengeance.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hard to miss prairie winters! Glad you survived another one :)

missLaura said...

we still have snow everywhere in these parts. No flowers to be seen. Consider yourself lucky!!

L. P. said...

Yeah I am glad that this was my last winter here. and can't wait to be back in AB with there weather (except for the wind)