Friday, October 23, 2009

after shocks

For me, as a parent, I find that I have the hardest time when all is said and done.

When Levi was two, he cut his foot really badly and needed stitches. Aside from some understandable initial panic, I was OK. Of course I was concerned... But I was fine until AFTER he was stitched up and ready to go home. I had to lay down on the floor cause I was green and ready to keel right over. I think they even ended up moving Levi and letting me sit on the bed at the hospital.

Two Halloweens ago, Enoch decided to impale his soft palate with a pipe. Gross! I lost it briefly when blood was pouring out of his nose, but was OK getting him to the hospital and waiting in ER. We were seen right away, and I was fine until AFTER the doctor said that everything was going to be all right. I had to sit in the corner with my head in between my knees.

Today Levi had his eye surgery (for the second time). I have been OK all day, trying to keep a prayer in my heart constantly while at the same time trying not to think about it at all. But I have been fine. Josh finally called and said that Levi is recovering and doing well. Now here comes the rapid heart beat, the instant queasiness and a galaxy of stars circling round my head.

Better after than during, I guess. I think the biggest catastrophe here today is the fact that I ate an entire thing of ice cream. Well, I shared a little with Bo-Bene.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

So glad it went well! And I'm kind of the same way. Adrenaline is a great thing for warding off nausea and dizziness. Once it wears off is when I have the problem!

Ashley Dawn said...

Apparently you're an adrenaline addict. As soon as it wears off you suffer from withdrawals. I hope Levi is up and at it soon. Good luck with the recovery.

L. P. said...

I am glad I am not the only one who gets light headed. Hope Levi is better soon.