Friday, July 10, 2009

caught


Yesterday I got caught doing the most foolish thing. I went to a friend's baby shower, and one of the first things someone said when I got there was, "Sachie, you are sure enjoying playing dress up with your girl, aren't you?"
Yes, yes I am. I admit that I love to pick out her outfit Saturday night for church. That way I am not rushed. I admit to taking pictures of her shoes cause they look SO cute with her jeans. I confess that even though I hated dolls when I was a girl, that I love dressing up the little doll I have now. (Sidenote: I once threw a doll at my Grandma at the family Christmas party cause I was so disappointed that I got a doll instead of a real toy.) I am guilty of taking pride in the way she looks and at how cute she is. I am so biased it isn't even funny or normal. Pretty in pink (don't I hate pink?) is the new way of life.

I love my little girl. Maybe I am trying to make up for the lost years when I should have been playing with dolls instead of Lego.

2 comments:

Jen - the mom said...

oh sachie! can i relate to this entry!!! how i love pink now - funny...i never remember liking it so much growing up:)

L. P. said...

That's so funny because growing up i hated dolls and up until I had Calvi I hated pink. But now I like to dress up my girl and I love pink =)