Wednesday, March 18, 2009

and the winner is....




Anonymous!! (aka my mother)

Welcome to the world Monet Elise Stone!


Details:
Sunday night I was feeling a few light contractions every hour. By 3 am they were every 4 min, but still not very painful. We went to the hospital anyway just cause my doctor told me to get there early. By 12 noon they were hurting more (a lot more), but now they were 8 min apart. I was still only 4 cm or so. Blah!
At 2:30 pm I was 6 cm and they finally sent me over to delivery. Yeah! My baby was coming. I remember getting a little emotional when we got into the delivery room, knowing that this was the last stop before baby arrived. I wanted an epidural, and was told I was number 3 on the list to get the magic. One agonizing hour later, as the contractions went from bad to worse, the anasthesiologist finally came to the room. He was in a hurry and said that I needed to get ready right away cause he was needed in the OR. So, I sat up, had one more contraction, screamed like a banshee and the baby was out! No drugs, no doctor, no nurse with gloves on. Just like that. It was scary. I had no idea what was going on. Josh says he felt bad cause I was screaming "The baby is coming!! That's the head!" But nobody believed me. Who takes 12 hours to get to 6cm, and then 1 hour to get to 10cm?? Not to mention one minute to deliver the baby. They certainly weren't expecting it. Luckily the nurse there was quick to get Monet's cord clipped and her cleaned off and everything. Ahhhh, the adventures....
We are both doing well and are at home. Josh's mom and sister are being a huge help and I am so glad they are both here.

22 comments:

Aimee said...

Congrats, congrats! You both look beautiful (you and the baby, or course), and I love the name.

Sharon said...

Congratulations Sachie! I LOVE her name too. That's a great delivery story. Wow, you are wonder woman.

ec said...

best delivery story ever. i cry/laugh a little every time i think about it. my favourite part about it was hearing it from josh's perspective.

congrats! she is a beauty, but you already know that ...

Vanessa said...

Wow! What an adventure! She is lovely! Congrats.

Chantel said...

Congratulations Sachie. Your story brought back all the "painful" memories I have been trying to forget for the past 4 weeks. Just the thought is making me cringe. Anyways, glad you are home and you have family there to help.

Andy said...

congratulations. she is such a beauty!

Leishman's said...

Yeah for a girl! Congrats! What a crazy delivery, I would be so terrified. Hope you are doing well.

Oh yeah, you will have to send me your address so I can send something I made just for you-from my blog post a while back!!

Ashley Dawn said...

Congrats Sachie!! We just can't wait to meet her. Jaymeson can't wait to meet his playmate! She sure is beautiful...and you look wonderful. Isn't natural delivery horrid?!?

the Woods said...

yaaaa! It's over and everything went well (all considering) We're excited to see the beautiful little Monet. I'm so happy you got your little girl. Is family still around? Hey, how big is she? Benj grew out of #1 and #2 diapers too fast so I have random diapers lying around the house. I'll have to swing them by with a dinner next week.
c~

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! how big?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you've had her. She is so cute and tiny. I just want to hold her again.

The Pratts said...

CONGRATS! You must be thrilled to have a baby girl!!! And wow, that's quite the delivery story!

Anonymous said...

Delivery tragedy! You know, they give dads one little thing to do so that we don't feel like total idiots--cutting the cord. But I didn't even get to do that because it was post-partum pandemonium in there. Then again, maybe I should be happy--last time I managed to screw it up, cursed right-handed scissors!!

Anonymous said...

Josh. Not too worry. If you just managed to stay out of everybody's way, then you did your part as a dad/husband.
There are too many eerie similarities between Sachie's delivery of Monet and my delivery of Sachie.
Bottom line: Each and every mom in labor should be entitled to her very own personal epidural person sitting right there in the room, just waiting to perform the procedure.

Erin Field said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful, and given such a perfect little name. Can't wait to see more pictures!

L. P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L. P. said...

Hey Congrats again on the new bundle of joy. That is crazy that she came that fast. It makes for a awesome story though. She is beautiful.

The Coopers said...

That story is so crazy.. i remember Laura telling me all about it... I cant wait to see your sweet little girl.. i am so happy for you guys!!

tracey said...

Congratulations! So glad she arrived safely. That is one crazy story! I LOVE LOVE her middle name! :D

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Sachie!! I am so glad that she is here safe and sound, what a crazy delivery story! That is amazing, you are one tough girl!!

Marilee said...

I hate when they tell you not to push or that you are not ready..whatever! Good for you!

Congratulations! A girl, how great! 3 little great grand kids born just weeks apart, they will all have so much fun together someday.

Cindy and Ben said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! Cute name!