Tuesday, February 28, 2012

family trip

We found we had some extra time last week when visitors couldn't make it and the kids had an entire week off school. Josh even had 3 days off school, and one day without practice - so we thought it would be a great idea to go to Great Falls for a night.

Turns out great ideas don't always turn into great times.

We spent a bit of extra money on a fun hotel with a big slide, thinking the kids would love it. Turns out that only Levi would go on the slide because it was too big. I went on it once and was even a little scared. I have sure come a long way from my braver days.... I thought the extra money would be well worth it, because I was sure we would swim twice, once at night and of course once in the morning. HA!

Turns out Thad was up all night. As in all night. As in if he wasn't nursing, he was crying. Which meant the kids were half up all night, and Josh and I were up all night. So come morning time no one wanted to swim, everyone was really tired and grumpy, and you can just imagine the joys of shopping two tired parents would get with 4 tired (and turns out sick) kids.

There are two bright sides to this story, though. First, I got to eat at Cafe Rio. And second, while I feel like the money we spent was too much for the experience we had, we saved money in the long run because we were tempted to try a trip to Cali over Easter. I. don't. think. so.

3 comments:

missLaura said...

I'm happy I wasn't the cause of sickness, although I REALLY miss you!

Jami and Rob said...

That's hilarious and sad! Staying at hotels isn't quite the same with kids is it?

The Coopers said...

haha, that really sucks! I hate when things happen like that.. we are headed to West Ed in a few weeks hope we don't have he same problem sharing a room, next time-no kids, right?