Monday, May 2, 2011

fabulous weekend

A couple weekends ago I got very spoiled and spent some much loved time with three of the most awesome girls I know. We used to be 4 very silly girls in high school. Nowadays we aren't quite so ridiculous, until you put us together. It was so fun to laugh and talk and spend time with these girls that I have known for so long.

Recently I talked about reading my journals. I made it through HS safe and intact, and much of it had to do with having these three girls around. Yes, we were idiots sometimes; but we all shared common beliefs and I was never afraid to be who I was when these people were around. We have always been able to be just who we are around eachother. (For better or for worse). I love these girls more than I can really express, and am so glad that dreams of fab 4 reunions as teenagers actually come true, even into our thirties!!!

The weekend included dining at Chiantis, a favorite Italian restaurant that is sort of a tradition for us. We also watched the infamous music videos - for years around new years we would sing and dance in front of a camera thinking that we looked real cool. Watching these videos now provides endless laughter and we wonder what on earth we were thinking. What is even more funny is that we would get other people to watch these. My apologies if you were one of them. At least we have stopped that bad habit. We also got manicures (don't really care for) and pedicures (love) and ate a lot of candy. The weekend flew by and was so fun. Thanks to a great sister, husband and mother-in-law who all watched the kids so I could really enjoy my girl time!

1 comment:

missLaura said...

such a great weekend. loved it.