Sunday, November 14, 2010

sweet childs o' mine

Enoch has many spiderman/random superhero figurines. He loves these guys and plays solo quite a bit with them. For his birthday he even got a foot and a half spiderman "doll." He loves that thing and will put it to bed and loves to sleep with it. He has an old spiderman figure with webs in his armpits that Enoch is really taking to lately. He calls it "my son." It is so funny! "Mom, have you seen my son?" or "I want to play with my son, now." It cracks me up.

Levi has the idea in his head that we are going to be making a clubhouse this winter. He drew me pictures of what he wants it to look like, complete with color choices for walls and roof. What is really interesting is that his drawings include every angle of the house, front, back, left-side and right-side. I was pretty impressed.

Monet is starting to be a holy terror at church. We arrive just before 1pm and she is crazy. The boys are happy to color or read, while she just throws things out of my purse and speaks as loudly as possible saying the one word she loves most; "NO!" So then I take her to a classroom, let her cry on the floor for a few minutes, then pick her up, squeeze her tight for 10 seconds, following which she zonks out if I am lucky. Sometimes this process takes a few tantrums to get the desired outcome. Today at church, with her cute blonde hair complete with outfit matching bows, all I could think of was, "The Devil Wears Pig-Tails."

One more thing about this girl I don't want to forget is that she tells me to shhhhhh!!! anytime I try singing for her. It is so funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly. Can you blame her?
-g

L. P. said...

That's so fun. Kylar would always shhhh me when I tried to sing to him too. He finally lets me now though.