Wednesday, September 29, 2010

all about me

With such cute kids to blog about, it seems I never talk much about what I am doing.

So, the question is, what am I doing?

Well, of course, my life revolves around kids and a husband. But aside from that I think I am finding a thing or two to do around here. Some mornings I go running. A few girls are training for a half marathon and I join them. I ditch out on the long runs, though. I ran 10km on Monday, and that was a first for me.

I bought an exercise bike and I love riding it at night and watching 24. I am almost done season 1. What a great way to involve entertainment with exercise.

Canning, canning, canning, I have done lots of canning. I wonder how I ever lived without it. Apple butter, saskatoon sauce (its really a chunky syrup, but its really good on pancakes), cherry preserves, cherries, crab apple jelly, choke cherry jelly (more of a syrup), chokecherry syrup (more of a jelly), apple juice, cherry juice, applesauce...... I tried pear butter but they were to grainy and that was a big failure. Not to mention a big mess. I still hope to make a couple different salsas. Canning is so seriously fun, I wonder why no one ever told me before.

As far as Stirling goes, we love our house and yard. It is fun. The people here are really nice and friendly, but I miss some things about student life. For instance, girls nights. Here, everyone has a husband at night (who isn't studying) and so it wouldn't make sense to all get together then. I saw some pics on facebook of a girls night in Saskatoon and I loooonnnggged for it. I miss gaming with my girls, and talking till the wee hours in the morning. I also miss the hundred or so parks. We have 2 here and that is it. But don't ever let that defer you from coming out to visit. We can find something to do. Cow tipping maybe???

We ended up changing wards and I was called again into YWs. Now I am with the Mia Maids. It has been pretty fun and they are a great group of girls. I am in charge of YW in excellence in November. I have some plans outlined, we will see how things turn out.....

So that is all about me. Nothing spectacular but more than enough to fill the days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did tell you about canning. You just didn't listen.
Or perhaps some of my comments weren't as positive as they should have been when I was in the vortex of canning 100s of jars of fruit and jam.
It is totally a mess, but brings you back to some basics and good feelings.
Next, we can work on breads.
-g

missLaura said...

Sachie you are a canning machine! I think you timed it right. your kids are old enough to entertain themselves (and the one that isn't is napping) and you're not pg so you're not tired. Send me some energy and maybe I can make dinner!
Miss you more then you know!!!

Vanessa said...

I miss you!! Your busy-ness is wonderful. I love how you've just embraced it. So glad you've settled in. I too miss lots about Saskatoon, but luckily, I remember that home is where you make it :)

L. P. said...

Sounds like you are having way to much fun canning and all the stuff you are canning sounds really good. Maybe once I get nice size kitchen, I may have to try some of them.

Maja said...

Glad you did this post - it is a good way to see what you are up to (or should I say, what AREN'T you up to?!?!) I miss you Sachie. S'Toon isn't the same without you!

Ashley Dawn said...

Confession: I have NEVER canned. I helped a lady finish some peaches up once. But that is it. No experience otherwise. Maybe next harvest season, I'll come spend a weekend there and you can train me!