Tuesday, December 1, 2009

december

This year December is gonna be a little different than usual.

For starters, I do not have any decoration up. Not yet, anyways. With the lack of snow (until today, yay!) I just haven't really felt like it was Christmas time. I can recall 3 years ago when we were already knee deep in snow. I think my decorations were up before Halloween that year.

No tree. WHAT!, you may ask? There really isn't any room for it this year. Our main room is a playroom/living room/library/family room/office/music room. No room around here. Maybe we need a stable? And besides, even if we did have room we would need a fence around it to keep Little Mo Peep out of it.

We are staying extra long. Usually we head west to Calgary as soon as school permits, but there are so many things that need to get done around here that we are gonna stay until the 22nd or 23rd. Properly flushing toilets and doors without holes are sort of important when you want to sell your house in the spring.

Festivus for the Rest-of-us! Normally I am too cheap to go and do anything fun, but with the possibility of this being our last year in Saskatoon, I want to make sure that we go to the Light Festival and drive through the Enchanted Forest. Anyone want to come along?

No baking etc. I love treats, but I also love smaller jeans (at least I can imagine that I would). This is the only way......

I do hope to get some sewing done. I have unfinished stockings and stockings to make that really should be taken care of... Levi is 5 now, and I think it is time he should have a stocking free of unfinished edges.

There are a few hampers I have been dreaming up for other people, and I am excited to get those done up. One of them is for Joy School and I hope the kids get at least a bit as excited about it as I am.

What does your December look like?

7 comments:

missLaura said...

Good call on the no tree. It would be such a hassle with your baby.

The Coopers said...

i was thinking the same thing, no tree defiently..but then again.. its been so nice having our tree up everyday..
and ya you better check out enchanted forest.. elias loved it last year, your kids would be all over that..

Josh said...

I just want to let everyone know that my regular scrooginess had NOTHING to do with any of these decisions.

Anonymous said...

Trees are very easy to have with a baby around. You simply place it (a fairly small one)in a playpen, and it remains safe and sound. The kids can enjoy the lights through the mesh windows. As for space to put it ... there's always room. You just have to make it. Lucky for you that YOUR dear mother ALWAYS put up a tree.
-g

Anonymous said...

P.S. You're just about too late now.

stone's eye view said...

Dear g,
I know you might think there is room.
But there isn't, especially in a playpen.
Maybe we could get rid of the kitchen table?

Ashley Dawn said...

It is torture to have a tree up. Trust me.... We even have it up on the end table and it's not far enough out of reach. We'll be in town on the 18th and anxiously waiting your arrival. Can't believe that next Christmas we'll all be living in Calgary - WAHOO!!