Tuesday, December 8, 2009

clean up time

We have all been home lately. Levi stayed home from school today, he's not really that sick but he has a bit of a cough and well, its -37 degrees with windchill out there. Not really worth starting the car to take him to Kindergarten.

So, the house has been getting messy. And messy for me means REALLY messy for you. Trust me, my clean is your dirty. I know this cause I learn it from your kids all the time. Don't worry, this doesn't hurt my feelings. Anyways, the place was a disaster this morning. Not only did we play yesterday, but I also dry packed 50 KILOS of skim milk powder and oatmeal, among other things. So ya, the place was not visitor friendly. I had meant to clean it last night but I fell asleep in the chair with Enoch playing on my lap. Oops. I think we both fell asleep that way.

Long story short, today we played clean up in a whole new way. We had Star Wars Lego Garbage Ships that received special chips with instructions from the Republic headquarters. Each chip had a new instruction on what to clean up (along with fighting bad guys). It was fun and I had lots of help, for once!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a blast! I need to take a page from your book, and learn how to make cleaning more fun (and actually get participation)! By the way, there is a dry packer here??

Ashley Dawn said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! Now to make that a girl friendly game....perhaps finding prince charming??

ec said...

so fun.

and 50 kilos? do you have your very own dry packer? nice work.

stone's eye view said...

the stake has one. I borrowed it and still have it if anyone needs it. I plan to return it once it isn't SO cold.