Friday, June 26, 2009

week off

Josh has had this week off and it has been so nice. I got to go out for lunch, have naps, go for runs, and despite all that we have gotten a lot done. Our office (/scrapbook) room downstairs is coming along very well. Josh found a SWEET desk on kijiji for only 30 bucks. It is huge, heavy, and of very good quality. It even has built in filing drawers.

Let's see, what else? We have worked lots outside. We anticipate selling our house next year (most likely, not for sure sure). With that in mind we are trying to improve the eye sores around the yard. Patchy grass, weeds in the fire pit, overgrown trees etc. I have just finished reading Swiss Family Robinson, and have felt like them as I have tried to make improvements with only the stuff we have on hand. I was quite pleased with myself when I turned our broken ironing board into a strainer of sorts to separate the rocks and dirt that I had dug up. Even now I feel as though I am the narrator...


Not much else. Oh. We did spy an unusual animal around our house the other day. Have a look:






6 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

That is quite the animal! Since I have never seen one before it must be endangered?!

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a great week! Levi's creativity is great. I've seen some of those monsters around my house. They are pretty shy and only come out occasionally/

Ashley Dawn said...

Congrats on getting SO much done. Doesn't that feel so great?!? Glad you're having such a fun time as well.... LOVE the animal. We have those toothbrushes too. I find them everywhere! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

You're weird. So's your kidlet.
What do you expect when Levi's mom wears her clothes inside-out (purposely) and fixes her hair into hairknobs?
Do you need one of my 5 ironing boards as a replacement?
Oh, uh, oops, I forgot... you don't iron! Are you sure it broke, or did it just fall apart from disuse? Hmmm...

-G

happy housewife said...

I got a free ironing board at our garage sale at church the other week. But I knew I could count on you, Anonymous, if I were to ever need one for free.

As far as disuse goes, it has been AT LEAST a year since the ironing board broke. I just haven't seen a need for a new one.... you know me too well.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO COOL